20 Minute Gremolata Chicken Bites | A Low Carb High Protein Meal
Gremolata chicken bites are a ridiculously easy one pan low carb dinner that you can have on the table in 20 minutes. A high protein low carb meal full of flavour and super easy to make. Beautiful chunks of pan-seared chicken tossed in a fresh, bright, and herb filled homemade gremolata.
Just 2.5g net carbs and packed with 42g of lean protein! These easy one pan chicken bites are a healthy last minute keto meal you can prepare in 20 minutes.
Keto, low carb, high protein, gluten free, and paleo friendly!
This is part of my 30 minute keto meals series.
Why You’ll Love These Low Carb Chicken Bites
- Super easy and super quick, this low carb dinner is ready in 20 minutes.
- This healthy pan seared chicken breast recipe is low in carbs, and high in protein.
- Gremolata is a simple homemade sauce that can add flavour to many different low carb meals.
- Chicken bites can be paired with a variety of sides that the whole family will love.
- Low carb recipes high in lean protein like these chicken bites are great for aiding in weight loss, satiety, and blood sugar management.
What are Gremolata Chicken Bites
Chicken bites are one of those easy low carb meals you can make when you are feeling lazy and tired.
Tender chunks of chicken breast pan seared until golden brown, and tossed in a homemade summer-fresh Gremolata. This is a lighter, low carb meal gluten free, dairy free meal, a nice departure from some of the heavier creamier keto recipes out there.
Gremolata is a simple Italian green sauce made with finely chopped parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic. Its like an Italian chimichurri, full of fresh parsley and zesty lemon, it pairs perfectly with meat of all kinds, and it couldn’t be more simple to make at home. Pan seared chicken bites are a healthy and easy low carb meal that comes together in minutes.
Variations to Try
This quick low carb meal is incredibly versatile. With some simple changes you can add different flavours so you can serve this easy low carb meal over and over without getting bored.
Instead of gremolata. If gremolata isn’t your thing there are many simple sauces to toss these pan seared chicken bites in. Gremolata is a simple green sauce made from chopped herbs, any similar type sauce will fit the bill.
- Green goddess
- Salsa Verde
Instead of chicken. The chicken breast, this recipe can easily be switched out for your choice of meat. The base of this recipe is almost the same as my Chimichurri steak bites.
- Steak (Filet, ribeye, striploin)
- Pork (loin, shoulder, belly)
- Chicken Thighs
- Peameal bacon
Pan Seared Gremolata Chicken Bites
IMPORTANT – There are often Frequently Asked Questions within the blog post that you may find helpful. Simply scroll back up to read them!
- mortar and pestle optional
- Knife and Cutting Board
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 3 tablespoons butter/oil/ghee
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup parsley fresh
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 whole lemon juiced and zested
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Food processor Method: Coarsely chop the parsley and garlic before adding to a food processor along with the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper and blitz into a chunky puree with a consistency similar to a pesto. Season to taste.1 cup parsley, 4 cloves garlic, 1 whole lemon, ¼ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Mortar and Pestle Method: Chop the parsley and garlic into a coarse mince and add to a mortar and pestle along with the lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Use the pestle to mash the ingredients until they are combined well. Season to taste.1 cup parsley, 4 cloves garlic, 1 whole lemon, ¼ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Rustic Hand Chopped Method: Chop the parsley and garlic into a fine mince with repeated passes of a sharp knife. Add the parsley and garlic to a bowl with the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Muddle everything together with the back of a spoon and combine well. Season to taste.
Pan Seared Chicken Bites
- Sear the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks and season liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil/butter/ghee in a cast iron skillet and once hot add the chicken. Sear each side of the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. The center of the chicken should be white and the juices should run completely clear. When in doubt use a meat thermometer.4 large boneless skinless chicken, salt and pepper, 3 tablespoons butter/oil/ghee
- Toss in gremolata. Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and add the gremolata to the pan. Toss the chicken to coat in the gremolata and serve hot with your favourite low carb side dish.
Nutritional information is calculated using the recipe calculator and verified database available from Cronometer. Although every reasonable effort is made to provide accurate information this estimate is provided as courteously and convenience only. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe.Try the free recipe calculator at Cronometer
Leftovers, Storage, and Reheating
Leftover gremolata chicken can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Reheat leftovers in a pan over medium heat with some additional butter until warmed through. To reheat in the microwave, cook on HIGH for 1 – 1 ½ minutes depending on your microwave until warmed through.
What to Serve with Gremolata Chicken Bites
More 30 minute Low Carb Recipes to Try
These chicken bites are a great 30 minute keto meal to add to your rotation. With tons or ways to add variety and many sides you can pair this simple high protein meal with, Gremolata chicken bites are a perfect last minute recipe to keep in your repertoire when you need a fast and healthy low carb meal on the table in under 30 minutes.