Creamy Keto Cucumber Salad
Share this now!
Seriously do it.
I know summer has been a little different this year for all of us. But if you are like me, then you are taking advantage of every last [safe] opportunity to enjoy summer, and that means enjoying summer on your plate as well. It’s not just the warm sun and long summer days I will miss, it’s the fresh local produce too, both the fruits and vegetables, this year have been just phenomenal.
Summer cucumbers are at their prime right now, I swear I took a bite of one the other day and It was the sweetest, crunchiest, freshest tasting cucumber I have ever had. Even more so when it is coated in a creamy dressing packed with summer herbs like in this creamy keto cucumber summer salad.
How to Make Creamy Keto Cucumber Salad
I love side dish recipes that you can whip together quickly while the rest of dinner is cooking. That’s exactly what this is, dinner is on the BBQ and you need a simple low carb side dish that is ready before your dinner burns, and this keto cucumber salad is that recipe!
Here Is What You Need To Do
- Take the cucumber and with a sharp knife make smooth thin slices, it’s not a race, you can take your time on this step to get those nice even slices. There is only 1 more step and it takes like 1 minute or something. Don’t hold me to that I didn’t time it or anything. Add sliced cucumber to a large salad bowl along with the sliced onion
- You could also use a mandoline, or a cheese slicer to get even, thin slices.
- After the cuc’s are sliced and in a bowl, take all of your dressing ingredients, add them to a bowl (or straight to the cucumber bowl if you wish), and mix everything together, add dressing and combine until the cucumber is well coated. Salt to taste, and don’t forget to check on the rest of your dinner!
Time To Dive In!
Voila! a low carb summer salad ready in minutes to keep the rest of your low carb dinner company. I hope you enjoy this quick low carb salad recipe!
If you want to stay in the loop and get more yummy content like this right to your inbox, join our gang down below!
Something yummy in your inbox
Take a second to share if you liked this recipe:
Creamy Keto Cucumber Salad
- salad bowl
- Cutting board
- 5 cups cucumber (1 large, or 2 medium) thinly sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 3 tablespoons dill, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the tip and tail of each cucumber and taking your time with a large knife, slice the cucumber into thin disc like slices. Slice the onion into thin quarter slices and add everything to a large salad bowl.
Make the Dressing
- Add the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and parsley to a bowl and combine well. Season to taste. I like to make the dressing separately so I can choose how much I want to add but you can make it right in the salad bowl.
- Add desired amount of dressing to the salad bowl and toss to coat the cucumber and onions.
- Enjoy and serve!